What are GCMS notes
GCMS (Global Case Management System) is a software system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process immigration and citizenship applications. GCMS is a single integrated system designed to process applications both inside Canada and outside. GCMS notes provide valuable information on the current status and future processing of your application. To learn more about GCMS click here.
How long will it take to obtain the GCMS notes
The legislated time-frame for processing a request under the Access to Information Act is 30 calendar days. If the 30 day deadline falls on a weekend or on a holiday, the due date becomes the next business day. Please note;
- IRCC processes orders only during regular business hours, Eastern Time. That means processing of orders received by IRCC outside of operating hours or the weekend will begin the following business day.
- The GCMS notes are usually generated around the time the request is made, not at the time when it’s released.
- IRCC can extend the time limit to respond to a request beyond the 30 calendar days. We will be notified within the first 30 days if the processing of your order is going to be delayed. As soon as we get notified we will inform you as well.
When should I make a request to obtain my GCMS Notes
Recently sent your application If you have not received your Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) then your GCMS Notes will probably not have been created yet – in which case the file request will come back blank. So its best to request GCMS Notes when you receive your AOR. However, sometimes there can be delays in sending out AOR’s and obtaining your GCMS Notes can confirm whether the Immigration office has started processing the application or not.
Received your Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) The GCMS file will normally have, at minimum, two useful pieces of information:
- The bring forward date will tell you when your application will be put on an immigration officer’s desk for formal assessment. This is when you will discover if you have been granted an interview waiver. Please note that the bring forward date is not guaranteed and should only be considered as a time frame for an interview or selection decision.
- The preliminary points assessment (entered by paper screeners at the visa office) will indicate whether the visa office is interpreting your application in the way you had hoped. If a problem appears here then you have the opportunity to send additional documents in before an immigration officer formally assesses the file.
Passed medicals, and paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). The normal reason for delays after medical/RPRF are CSIS (Canadian Security and Intelligence Service) security checks or a processing error. The GCMS file will indicate if security checks have been completed, and what other steps are outstanding if any.
Does it make a difference which visa office is processing my application
GCMS notes can be requested for ANY visa office. All GCMS requests are processed through IRCC’s office in Ottawa, Canada.
I do not have a file number, can I request my GCMS notes
The GCMS file can be requested with just your full name and the date of birth. If you have not received your file number or do not have it available, a GCMS file can still be requested. However, it is best to request your GCMS file with a file number. File number ensures faster processing of your request. You will find this number, also referred to as an Application Number, on any official document issued to you from the visa office where you submitted your application. Your Immigration File Number/Application Number starts with a letter and is followed by a combination of nine (9) numbers or letters. (Example: B-000-000-000 or E-P00-000-000)
What information will be contained in the GCMS notes
The GCMS file that you receive from Ottawa, Canada will be a computer printout. The printout will have the details of the points calculations, immigration officer’s notes, program assistant’s notes, details of the processing stages passed, etc. See a sample. Please note that the details in your file will depend on your individual circumstances and the stage of processing.
Will requesting the GCMS file delay the processing of my visa application
No, requesting the GCMS notes does not affect the processing of your visa application. In turn, resolving any discrepancies found in the GCMS notes can help the processing of your application.
I have hired a lawyer/consultant for my visa application, can I still use your service
Yes, you can use our service even if you have retained an Immigration lawyer/consultant. The above requests have very specific Consent forms, are handled by a separate office and processed independently of your visa application.
What other services do you offer
What is GcmsNotes.com refund policy
We have a very simple and straight forward refund policy. Your order is processed once we receive the application details, payment and consent form. If you decide to cancel your order and your request has not been processed, we offer a 100% refund. However once we process your request, a refund can not be issued. Refunds can not be issued in case of processing delays caused by circumstances and factors beyond our control, including but not limited to that resulting directly or indirectly from pandemic, natural disaster(s), strikes, civil disturbances, government restrictions or regulations and Act(s) of God. If you have any questions or concerns about our refund policy, please feel free to contact us.
- What are GCMS Notes and how do you request them
- Your GCMS Notes contains sensitive information, keep it secure
- What is UCI and File Number, which one to use to get GCMS
- What does disclosed in part and s15, s16 & s19 mean
- Is interpretation service necessary to understand GCMS notes
- Will I receive more information if I use an immigration lawyer
- Can I obtain GCMS notes on my own
- Tracking GCMS Notes
- What is CBSA Travel History Report
- All about Security Screening